Basically diploma holders in Mechanical engineering are imparted training to work in industry as supervisor of shops which includes supervision of worker working on the machines.
- Repair and maintenance of machine parts.
- Estimating and Costing.
- Supervising production processes with a vies to adhere to the specifications, optimum utilization of resources and achieving de production targets.
- Responsible for controlling production and quality of the product on the shop floor as well as be responsible for production, plan and control.
- Erection, installation, calibration and testing of equipment.
- Material Management
- Inspection of the manufactured product
- Supervising production and maintenance of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Machine Tool Industry
- Automobile Industry
- Thermal Plants
- Govt. Departments like PWD, B&R
- Now a days mechanical engineering diploma holders do find good opportunities in Army Navy and Air Force.