This branch deals with design and construction of computers, development of computer programs (software) and computer based information and control systems. In its most general form it is concerned with the understanding of information compilation, transfer and Transformation.
- To be able to use computer in Business application.
- To be able to use C/C++/Object Oriented Programming/Foxpro in problem solving.
- Assembling and Dissembling of PCs.
- To design and develop application software system using computer programs. Installation and Maintenance of Computer Systems.
- To diagnose the faults for trouble shooting PC range of computes and associated Peripherals.
- To use multimedia technology and different multimedia authoring tools.
- To access Internet and to design web pages.
May work as programmers, web developer, E-commerce specialists, software/hardware engineers at the following places :
- Computer Centres
- Teaching / Research
- Private and business organizations/Industry
- Computer Engineering diploma holders may even start their own venture with a very little investment.
- Commercial organization providing services in repair & maintenance of Computers and other peripherals.